From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Mar 9 19:07:58 UTC 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:

>> end-user input. So, I repeat, we're dealing with control-freaks -
>> it's a bad sign for Fedora, in my view. --

> In that regard, I have to concur.

Hold on: Rahul pointed out on that two month old -devel thread that the
decision was nothing to do with him.  Somebody who actually wrote the
code is making the decisions about what is in and out AFAIK, and that's
not anybody who has commented on this thread and probably not the -devel
thread AFAIK.

The people against the everything button were generally arguing from an
architectural standpoint against encouraging people to install
everything, and perhaps from a feeling to hold the party line.  But
there's no real argument for making it *hard* to select or clear many
checkboxes and I assume we'll see that fixed, allowing easy emulation of
the lost functionality (minimal too) in an intuitive way.

It's open to anyone to respin FC5 CD1 with an installer that has
whatever buttons they like and offer it in a torrent.  I know that is a
big hump, but the size of that hump is indicating the value we get from
RHAT doing it... just something to bear in mind when slinging complaints
around.

-Andy