PnP and Linux vis a vis Linksys Ether16 (LNE2000)

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 9 20:06:03 UTC 2006

William Hooper wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>>I have a Linksys Ether16 (LNE2000) card I'd like to use, but
>>research on the 'net leads me to believe that I can't use it until after I
>>run a setup program to turn off PnP. I don't have such a program nor
>>diagnostics disc, so I have some questions.
>
> [snip]
>
> I don't know about your linux specific questions (I haven't used my
> Ether16's for a long while), but the files to configure them are still on
> the Linksys FTP.  Thanks to the Google cache, you can find the pages HTTP
> that Linksys ate...

Thanks for your kind reply, I appreciate it.

> http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alinksys.com+lne2000
> ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/lne20001.exe
> ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/lne20002.exe

Yes, I found and have these files:

lne20001.exe
lne20002.exe
lne2000.exe

After reading the docu on this board, I suposed that there
was a program named SETUP.EXE to run under straight MSDOS.
Do these programs, then, unpack themselves to make a disc
for that?

I'll give that a try.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.