Re: Addressing a SCSI film-scanner - SUCCESS!

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 23:36, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > Anne
>
> It depends on how they handle the connections inside the scanner.
> Most of the external SCSI enclosures and scanners I have used have
> used just connect both connectors to the device. You do end up with
> a short length of cable after the termination if you use termination
> on the drive. (I tend to use a terminator on one connector on the
> last device.) One other thing you have to be careful about when
> using SCSI scanners is that some of them are not fully compliant.
> They may not work with some SCSI cards, and cause problems if there
> are other SCSI devices on the SCSI bus. If the scanner comes with
> its own SCSI card, and the driver for both are on the same CD, be
> careful of using another card or other SCSI devices on the same
> controller.

This scanner simply has a a small knob, with a diagram close by, which shows
that half the settings are terminated and half are not - you simply select
which you need.  At one point I did have the scanner and a dat drive on the
interface, and they worked well enough together.  I think that I took the
easy way out and put the dat drive first and the scanner on the terminated
connection.

Anne