Enable/Disable GUI on bootup

How can I enable or disable the GUI login at bootup?  I have FC4 which gives the full GUI login (X Windows) and then can start into KDE/Gnome/etc.  How can I change that to not load any GUI login and just stay in terminal?  Then, how can I quickly get the GUI back?  Is there a way to switch back and forth without rebooting?