MySQL 5.0.18/Postfix 2.2.2-2

Jim Douglas jdz99 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 9 21:02:11 UTC 2006

>From: "Jim Douglas" <jdz99 at hotmail.com>
>To: fedora-list at redhat.com
>Subject: Re: MySQL 5.0.18/Postfix 2.2.2-2
>Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 20:03:45 +0000
>

>>From: Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>
>>To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>>Subject: Re: MySQL 5.0.18/Postfix 2.2.2-2
>>Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 12:24:23 +0000
>>
>>jludwig wrote:

>>>After upgrading using rpm -Uvh --nodeps --force *.rpm
>>>/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14 is replaced with
>>>/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15.
>>>
>>>You might try;
>>>
>>>ln -s /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14  or
>>>ln -s /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14
>>>
>>>If this will work I do not know.
>>
>>Ugh.
>>
>>For the umpteenth time: using "--nodeps" and/or "--force" is likely to
>>break your system, as the OP has found out. RPM's dependencies are there
>>for a reason and if you deliberately ignore them, don't be surprised when
>>other things break.
>>
>>The correct fix for this problem is to install the MySQL4 compatibility
>>libraries, which include libmysqlclient.so.14. There is a mysqlclient14
>>package in rawhide for this purpose. You could probably rebuild the SRPM
>>on FC4 and install that to fix this problem.
>>
>>Paul.
>>
>>--
>
>I had already done this but was indeed afarid I was breaking something.
>rpm -Uvh --nodeps --force postfix*.rpm
>
>So I installed rawhide and then potfix with,
>
>rpm -i postfix*.rpm
>
>And there are no error messages and postfix works fine!
>
>I don't have to re-install MySQL then Postfix.  Do I ?
>
>Thanks,
>Jim
>

>--

I just found a problem with another program that depends on
libmysqlclient14.so.  The file is not found.

Did I usnderstand you correctly,

I installed rawhide from here,

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/
	fedora-release-4-99.rawhide.noarch.rpm

I did a find /usr -name 'libmysqlclient.*' and this file is no where to be
found?

Did you mean a different file to install so I can get 'libmysqlclient14.so'?

Jim