Does terminal mode have equivalent DOS feature?

Tim Alberts talberts at msiscales.com
Thu Mar 9 22:17:45 UTC 2006

If I'm running in run level 3 (terminal) and I issue a command, most of the time, the information I want is scrolled right off the screen.  I remember from back in my MSDOS days that you could append to a command the '|more' and it will print information to the screen 'one page at a time' (kinda). Therefore, you can read all that is printed.  Is there an equivalent in Linux when running terminal in run level 3?