From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 03:37:34 UTC 2006

--- James Wilkinson <fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk>

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-February/msg01037.html

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-February/msg01036.html

> There are repeated calls for Extras .iso files to be
> made available, so
> the companies which make Fedora Core CDs can make
> Extras CDs available
> too. I understand that the Fedora developers *are*
> sympathetic to such
> calls -- it's merely the perennial problem of time
> and developer effort.
> As Open Source packages grow in size and number, and
> as the Fedora
> developers try to keep down the size of Core, Extras
> is going to grow in
> importance and the need for these ISOs will
> increase.
>
> I've never strayed beyond fairly basic TeX
> functionality, but I haven't
> noticed much change in the Red Hat TeX packages
> since I was using it at
> university, with Red Hat 5.0. It might well benefit
> from having some
> attention from "community" packagers.
>
> James (who has a rant prepared on the importance of
> installer
> simplicity, but thinks the flame-wars are already
> way too -- boring...)
>
> --
> E-mail address: james | "Today Has Been Two Of Those
> Days."
> @westexe.demon.co.uk  |     -- Mike Andrews
>
> --

I hope that these efforts are made possible.  Fedora
Core reducing packages to look like say Ubuntu(nothing
against Ubuntu), lacks many packages that are present
in Fedora like tetex.  While many people might not
care for TeTEX, it is a typesetting system that
creates beautiful documents with lots of mathematics
in them.  Some packages not present are just a yum
install away or for others one can compile on our own.

Thanks,

Antonio