DNS changes on Comcast (faulty operator assembly)

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Fri Mar 10 07:48:58 UTC 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 08:38, John Wendel wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > Thomas Taylor wrote:
> >>Hi All:
> >>
> >>Got the following email from Comcast and I'm not sure how to proceed;
> >>
> >>"This will be our final courtesy e-mail to remind you that your PC must
> >> be configured for dynamic DNS communication by March 12, 2006.   As you
> >> may recall, we recently updated the domain name server ("DNS")
> >> components in our network to help ensure that we continue to deliver the
> >> high quality service you expect from Comcast."
> >>
> >>My gateway (192.168.0.1) is a netgear WGT624 wireless router on a small
> >> home network.  I'm only using the lan portion now as I no longer have a
> >> working laptop.

Thanks to all those who responded to this question.  After looking at your
solutions, I have reached the conclussion that this network may have a faulty
operator/user assembly.  The memory components seem not to be working
properly some of the time.  Hmm, wonder where I could get some replacement
core memory to fix that, SIGH.

Things can be so obvious in hindsight.

Gene, maybe I should take you up on some of that West Virginia coffee!

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Taylor