Re: FC4 --> FC5: yum update? (was: release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Colin Brace wrote:

[snip amazlingly long discussion]

This discussion is all well and good, but what I would really like to
know is whether it is possible and advisable to do the upgrade next
week with yum. I *really* don't feel like installing dozens of
non-core packages all over again.

I'd not recommend it.

Fedora Core 5 has many basic changes. For example the X Server installation is in /usr/bin now, and does not reside in /usr/X11R6/bin anymore.

Such "little" details might confuse your additional non-core packages.

greets Boris