Re: Listing hardware

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 16:50 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 10 March 2006 14:51, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> > On 3/10/06, Anne Wilson <cannewilson tiscali co uk> wrote:
> > > When I wanted hardware info about systems using Mandrake I used to print
> > > out dmidecode and lshw output.  Does lshw exist for FC4?  I can't find
> > > it.
> >
> > Maybe:
> > http://dag.wieers.com/packages/lshw/
> >
> > ???
> >
> Thanks.  Two reasons that I didn't find it - I haven't yet got used to the
> number of places that rpms can be found, and, even more significant, I was
> really expecting to be told that package abcdexyz.rpm was the equivalent.  My
> bad - sorry.

----
easy answer...rpmforge is for all purposes of Fedora Core 4, dag

install this package
http://rpmforge.net/user/packages/rpmforge-release/

rpm -ivh http://rpmforge.net/user/packages/rpmforge-release/
should do it

then yum update - should be interesting

yum search lshw

with the right repositories, you shouldn't have to go searching around
the number of places rpms can be found.

Craig