Problem building YASR

David C. Chipman dchipman at Ican.net
Fri Mar 10 17:18:29 UTC 2006

	Hi Chris,

		You mean, how do you fix it? Well, I have ntp set up, s\to start at boot-up. Since I am using GNOME, I will tell you how I have things configured. First of all, make sure the "ntp" package is installed (using the following command: "rpm -q ntp"). If it's not, then install it (either from physical-media [CD/DVD], or download it. Do you have yum installed? You should). Now, once you have all of that out-of-the-way, you right click on the clock in the lower right of your screen, selecting the "Adjust Date/Time" command on the menu that pops up. Enter your root password (if you're currently logged in as a "normal" user), then in the dialog that appears, your click on the "Network Time Protocol" tab. Put a check mark in the box labeled "Enable Network Time Protocol". Here, it would be a good idea to have your web-browser open, which you can use to search the web for list of time-servers (as they're called). Choose one that seems close to you (in your country, basically). Now, r!
erun the 'date' command, and see if your have the correct time. Good luck!

			-David Chipman