How to check OpenGL ?

Hello to All,

how to check if my video card (ATI Radeo X300) supports OpenGL
and, if yes,  if OpenGL is installed on my Fedora Core 4 ?

I'm trying to install Second Life (a 3D simulation game by
Linden) which is now available on Linux (still beta level) but it seems it
needs OpenGL support.
Following error code are received during startup :
INFO: createContext: window creation failure. SDL: Couldn't find matching GLX
visual

Thanks,
Bruno