Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Andy Green wrote:

... but I can say my personal touchstone for the wrongness of Gnome is
the File Open dialogue box's hidden and undiscoverable Ctrl-L "feature"
to get an editbox to type a path into[1].  Hidden features are evil and
stupid, orphaned before they are born, whatever the right answer is it
is not bringing another such abomination into the world.

-Andy

I agree that the button bar vs. the text bar is crazy if you want the text instead.

There is a checkbox under edit > preferences > behavior where you can check to always use text-entry location bar. ctl-l does not need to happen with this checkmark selected.

This in FC5T3 up to latest updates.

--
You may easily play a joke on a man who likes to argue -- agree with him.
		-- Ed Howe