Re: How to do network install behind proxy?

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 16:22 -0600, Ed K. wrote:
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Walter Francis wrote:
I am attempting to try the latest snapshot work of FC5 on a machine at work for some
testing to help locate bugs, also to regress a few bugs I've logged against the FC5t3
DVD release.

However, I can not figure out how to set a proxy for a network install, and I
absolutely have one at work.  Is there some clever way to do this?

Not really, I've submitted a RFE a long time ago, and there hasn't been a
solution:

I have a proxy and I just set proxy=<URL> in /etc/yum.conf and
everything works fine.

Sure, post install, but when do you edit /etc/yum.conf during install? Or, Walter, is the computer already installed?

ed