FC4 --> FC5: yum update? (was: release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Mar 10 22:53:27 UTC 2006

On Friday 10 March 2006 22:00, taharka wrote:
> > I have heard it said that if you subscribe you get them much quicker than
> > waiting for them to arrive in the stores.
>
> That may well be in the United Kingdom/Europe. It's been my experience
> in the U.S., Future Publications are on the shelves quicker than
> subscriptions :-( Also, IMO subscriptions are a waste of money if you
> only want those special editions ;-)

I've no experience, myself.  Here in the UK they arrive a just about the same
time as they hit the stores, but I have read letters from readers claiming
that the subscriptions were much faster than the stores.  Just my memory of
what I'd read :-)  As for whether it's a waste of money, if you definitely
only want one special edition, then of course it is.  If you like to explore,
there is a new distro almost every month these days, in Linux Format, Linux
Magazine, or both.

Anne