Re: OT: Humor

On Friday 10 March 2006 22:16, Jon Ingason wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Thursday 09 March 2006 22:22, jludwig wrote:
> >>Do any of you remember what a slide rule is?
> >
> > Do you mean my straight one or the circular one?
> >
> > Anne
>
> I have straight one. And then I have paper, pencil and the "Handbook of
> Mathematical Functions with formulas, graphs. and mathematical tables"
> edited by Milton Abramowitz and Irene A. Stegun. ;-) Worked for me.

I do have both straight and circular, packed away, but in truth I was never
very adept with either.  They belonged to my husband, and he was the one that
used them regularly.  Confession over :-)

OTOH, when I got a book of X-Number Puzzles - crossword type, with cryptic
clues needing mathematical solutions, I could do them, slowly, admittedly,
without the need for calculator.

Anne