Re: How to check OpenGL ?

Bruno Costacurta wrote:
Hello to All,

how to check if my video card (ATI Radeo X300) supports OpenGL and, if yes, if OpenGL is installed on my Fedora Core 4 ?

I'm trying to install Second Life (a 3D simulation game by Linden) which is now available on Linux (still beta level) but it seems it needs OpenGL support. Following error code are received during startup :
INFO: createContext: window creation failure. SDL: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

Thanks,
Bruno

Yes, your card supports OpenGl with the ATI proprietary driver.

Did you yum install the "ati-fglrx" driver?

Regards,

John