Re: FC4->FC5 upgrade options

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 14:58 -0500, Jack Howarth wrote:
> Linux is never going to make significant headway on the desktop until
> we get rid of the need to wipe and reinstall every time a system
> release occurs.

I can't see that being avoidable until you change the entire philosophy
of dependencies.  So many things are dependent on so many other things,
that you can't update the OS without also updating applications.  And
since too many things don't update in place (they have new locations for
things), that makes it even harder.

I read messages from the public lists.