Rpms for 'Other' distributions

When I can't find a package with yum, I wonder whether it is safe to install a
package simply designated 'Other' such as

Other
ftp.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/i/im/imgseek/imgSeek-0.8.2-1.i386.rpm

I assume these packages are safe enough, but does it mean that they are so
generic that they will work, but not necessarily be optimised?

Anne