vmware - lost in a fog of ambiguity

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Mar 12 18:00:47 UTC 2006

<posted & mailed>

Gawain Lynch wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 12:57 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> I just acquired a very nice if old ThinkPad running vmware (player),
>> which I have heard a lot about but never tried before.
>> I'm quite impressed with it,
>> but have been completely unable after a day reading vmware documentation
>> to get my WiFi card working.
>
> WiFi only works (at least it used to) with NAT.

Well, I sort of assumed that the internal network on 172.16.250.0 -
an IP address assigned by vmware, not me - _is_ using NAT;
but where do I tell vmware I want the packets to go out via eth0 ?

The vmware documentation reminds me of CUPS.
I'm pretty sure both were written by aliens.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366