Re: Sendmail authentication issue or spam?

Gbenga Shobowale wrote:
Thanks but I really don't understand the mechanism to use... I think I would have to understand that....I looked at the examples on the internet and the U: was set to root...I: the username and P:password given...
Could u please explain mechanism to use?
AuthInfo:cobranet.org <http://cobranet.org/> "U:user_authname" "P:password"
"M:mechanism_to_use"

Hey you just reminded me how I got my mail working with auth:

/etc/mail/sendmail.mc

FEATURE(`authinfo',`hash /etc/mail/auth/client-info')dnl

/etc/mail/auth/client-info

AuthInfo:smtp.host.com "U:userid" "I:userid" "P:password"
AuthInfo:smtp.host.com:587 "U:userid" "I:userid" "P:password"

I remember compiling the mc file to get the cf file. I don't
remember if there were any other changes.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry linuxha com
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site