Rpms for 'Other' distributions

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun Mar 12 20:01:45 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 17:45 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Makes sense.  I don't know whether this is worth spending time in searching.
> I read a review a while back, and thought that this package may help me
> identify multiple copies of .jpgs, but there doesn't seem to be an FC4 rpm of
> it.  I'll poke around a bit more and see if anything similar is available.

Does't matter what distro (OK it does if it's an apple/orange comparison
such as debian to fedora), as it only depends on what the rpm was
compiled against.  Anycase, just run the below command or use the below
rpm option to see if you would run into any problems or not.  And then
if it works and you want to try it out, run it with extra verbose on to
see what exactly it does install.

rpm -ivh --test package.rpm

then..

rpm -ivvh package.rpm

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!"