Sendmail authentication issue or spam?

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Sun Mar 12 21:22:22 UTC 2006

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am So, den 12.03.2006 schrieb Neil Cherry um 20:39:
>
>> I just checked my cf file and found this:
>>
>> # "Smart" relay host (may be null)
>> DSsmtp.host.com:587
>
> That does not work (I suspect you intend to contact the smart host on
> port 587).

Works fine on my setup but I think you mean I have it setup wrong:

> http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.39

I'll look into this config change and see if I can get it to work
with my setup. I won't be able to change that for a while.

Thanks

> So far I do not see Gbenga Shobowale needs such a modification at all.

WRT the 587 port, yes you are correct. I did need it for mine as
the host I'm working with won't accept it on 25 (might be blocked
by my local ISP, I don't remember).

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site