DVD burning issue

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Mar 12 22:44:13 UTC 2006

On Sunday 12 March 2006 19:33, Paul Smith wrote:
> On 3/12/06, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> > I'm trying to burn a data DVD with k3b (FC4), but keep getting the error
> > "growisofs did not exit cleanly".  Any ideas, please?
>
> I had a recurrent similar problem in the past. After having wasted
> several disks, I decided to abandon k3b as a trustworthy tool for that
> purpose. There is some workarounds, the simplest one is maybe to make
> an iso file first and then use k3b to burn the iso file.

After failing to even make the iso, I find that it is objecting to the names
of some of my files.  Some of them have international characters in them, and
it seems that the character set being used at the moment does not support
them.  At least, that's what the error message seems to be saying.

In the morning I'll have to see whether I can sort that out, although the
error message talks about a utility to convert them.  I think it was called
'convmv'.

Anne