Does terminal mode have equivalent DOS feature?

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Sun Mar 12 23:53:53 UTC 2006

Greetings Charles,

Charles Curley wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 11:43:34PM +0200, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
>> Greetings Charles ,
>>
>> Charles Curley wrote:
>>
>> < snip >
>>
>>> The Linux Documentation Project has a HOWTO that maps Mess-DOS
>>> commands to Unix/Linux commands you may find useful. It covers this
>>> sort of thing. You might also google up a book called RUTE.
>>
>> Is  http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz   what you are refffering to ?
>
> Yep.

Well i spent a little time with the above document . It certainly
contains a lot of information about various things . Those information
certainly exceed the information in Dos-Win-to-Linux Howto . It is
certainly worth reading .

> See the terms & conditions
> (http://rute.2038bug.com/copying.html.gz).

Yep. I read them . It says that for as long as am going to use it for
myself am entitled to make my own hardcopy.

  If you find it useful,
> please pester Prentice Hall for a new edition.

I don't know what pester means but all i can say is this .
I can certainly sent an email to Prentice Hall ( although am
uncertainly on the correct recipient ) but i really doubt that they
would even consider reading my email , even more do what i request ,
don't forget that am just a home user some 5,000 miles ( maybe more )
away from there , i don't know if they would ever give a dime about what
  i think/want/ask/put a verb here

Kind Regards,
   Kostas