Delist this person: From: petsupermarket

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Mar 13 17:17:14 UTC 2006

On Monday 13 March 2006 06:01, Dan Track wrote:
>Hi
>
>Can someone, Administrator, please delist the person above.
>
>Basically everytime I send a message to this list the person keeps
>sending me antispam notices. Its ridiculous. Given that this account
>is dedicated to fedora lists, its impossible to be listed as a spam
>address.
>
>Its so annoying for me, and I'm sure other people are suffering
> aswell.

No, most of us are not.  Since this responder doesn't preserve enough of
the message headers to allow the perp to be identified by any means but
a customized subject line per list subscriber, and I understand this
was done once on one of the lists, and that sub then canceled, but he
was back within 24 hours, probably with a different name.  This could,
I assume, be put into a script and made automatic, to be run in the
middle of the night when things are slow, but hasn't been for unk
reasons.

Each of those C/R's is a bit over 4kb, so it is a waste of bandwidth,
but uol.com.br actually sells this as a value added service & doesn't
care if its an inconvienience and resource waster for the rest of the
planet.

We just filter it to /dev/null with procmail.  I hope that there is
justice in this somewhere and that the perp is not getting ANY messages
from the mailing lists he is harrassing, FWIW this one is not the only
one.

What I suspect is happening is that he is getting them ok, but is auto
forwarding them to this other account, which does generate the C/R.
My thoughts on someone doing that and not understanding the 'side
effect' of doing it relate pointedly to his geneology and aren't
printable in mixed company.

FWIW, here is the procmail recipe I use:
-----
:0:
* ^From: AntiSpam UOL <.*@uol.com.br>
/dev/null
# /$HOME/mail/uol_crap
-----
Move the comment character # up one line if you want to save a copy of
it, but it WILL be 100's of kilobytes in a week.  I suppose one could
write a crontab rule to delete it and re-touch it weekly/daily/hourly,
but /dev/null is just so handy IMO.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: