OT: buring iso images onto CD-R from DVD

I've been searching and trying and searching and trying but have come up
with a bunch of failures. so i thought i'd ask this list:

i have a distro on a DVD that i'd like to pull off and put onto a
regular CD (because my laptop won't read DVDs). i've tried the readcd
command and all sorts of other commands but when i try to burn the iso
onto CD (using K3B) it's always telling me that the iso is not really an
iso.

does anyone know how (or if) this can be done?

i apologize if this is off topic.

thank you so much.

--
jack wallen, jr