Re: International Chars cause backup problems

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 15:01 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I have a number of files on my server that have international
> characters in their names.  My backups are constantly failing, with
> errors like this:
>
> Incorrectly encoded string (Soy Loco por Ti, América) encountered.
> Possibly creating an invalid Joliet extension. Aborting.

I thought Fedora would be using UTF-8 by default, so everything should
be the same.  If you're mounting different file systems using different
character encoding schemes, then you probably need to adjust how things
are mounted and fix them up as the files come in and go out.

I read messages from the public lists.