Re: audio

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 09:05:46PM -0500, Julian Underwood wrote:
> I'm running FC3.  I am wondering if it is possible for my computer to
> produce sounds out of more than one application simultaneously.  So if I
> am playing a movie in Xine then I pause it, I can't go into XMMS and
> play audio tracks, it says make sure no other program is blocking the
> soundcard.  I believe I am using Alsa for sound.  Is there a simple way
> to have programs all use the soundcard at the same time?

Have a look at the dmix alsa plugin. Haven't used FC3 for a while, but
I'm pretty sure that dmix is supplied with one of the alsa packages...

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=DmixPlugin

Cheers,

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse				| PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584
Building Java RPMS for Redhat Enterprise Linux and Fedora: