Delist this person: From: petsupermarket

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Tue Mar 14 05:45:04 UTC 2006

Victory at all costs?  People have taken that approach before.  We have to
weigh the costs, benefits, and risks.  Without a great deal of hassle to our
subscribers, we cannot correct this issue in a reliable manner.

I'm afraid the best thing we can do is set up very harsh rules against UOL.
This includes rejecting them at mail servers, banning them from everything we
can, and seeing them listed in as many blacklists as possible.

Now, all of this does little good if no attention is brought to it.  If you
know someone using UOL, tell them about the problem.  Explain the issue to
anyone you can.  Also, try to tell UOL using whatever method you see fit, be
it a simple email or a Slashdot article.  Make them notice.  In time, they
will have to realize the fault in their way and they'll have to correct it or
fail.

I've heard mention of people using UOL without this service.  There may be
people who will suffer as a result, but we should try to make them aware of
the problem so that they will move to a more reasonable service.  If mail
servers are rejecting messages from UOL, then the members who do not use the
broken service will get the notifications.  They will realize that the UOL
service is faulty, and they will either go to another service or will
complain to UOL.  If UOL's users start complaining, they might pay more
attention.

We must do our best to show UOL the problem with what they do.  We must also
be reasonable in our efforts to resolve this issue.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/