fc4 configuring qlogic cards ?

bob flynn bob.flynn at s3group.com
Wed Mar 15 12:50:26 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a Dell 2550 installed with FC4. It boots and sees internal
drives, but there is a problem seeing a Powervault 660F connected via 2
qlogic cards.

So far, I think I have the driver loaded, ie

lsmod | grep qla
qla2200                90817  0
qla2xxx                98897  1 qla2200
scsi_transport_fc      31425  1 qla2xxx
scsi_mod              136457  7
sg,qla2xxx,scsi_transport_fc,aacraid,aic7xxx,scs
i_transport_spi,sd_mod

however I see nothing under /proc/scsi/scsi other than internal SCSI drives

can anyone shed some light as to what needs to be done after this ?

>From googling, it appears that there was a big change on how this is
configured from 2.4 kernel to 2.6 and that I need to do something with
dmmultipath, but I cannot find a definitive reference ?

Tks,

-Bob

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.