RAID 5 Multiple Hard-drives failure

Gerhard Groenewald gerhardg at intekom.co.za
Wed Mar 15 14:54:51 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 17:48, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> Power supply: 420W Total Output.
> The system is:
> Gigabit motherboard dual Socket A,
> 2 x AMD Athlon MP 3Ghz (I think, forgot the exact clockrate),
> NVidia GE Force graphic card,
> 2 Promise Ultra/ATA 133 PCO controller card
> 1 HD for the system installation plugs in directly to the MB
> 3 HD for the RAID plugs in to the controller card
> 1 CD/RW
> 1 Fan in the front, 2 fans in the back

Check the tolerance of the power supply (Input voltage). On this size power
supply it's normally  115v / 240v.
Then check the UPS, if the UPS only kicks in below the tolerance of the power
supply, 115V,  then a brownout will kill the drives. Get a better UPS or a
power supply that has a greater tolerance. 700W power supplies, although
expensive, normally handle the correct variance.

--
Gerhard Groenewald