KDE Greeter Help

Ali Helmy alihelmy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 19:51:25 UTC 2006

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Here is the problem: I got FC4 installed on my laptop, along with KDE3.5...
Now, today I tried installing a theme for the greeter (login screen, in
which to enter username & password)... i went to Login management and
checked the greeter to be "Graphical Greeter" then selected the new theme...

When I restarted it loaded all the services as usual, but when it got to the
point where i should enter the name and password, instead it said that the
"Greeter Theme Corrupt" because theme has no values for username and
password fields in the warning message. I click ok, and then another warning
says: "Loading graphical greeter failed, trying to load standard greeter"
then the computer just does nothing after i click ok...

i can log-on only to the laptop using the text-session (Alt+Ctrl+F1) but i
dont know what to do...

Please i need some help to fix the problem, any idea how i can reset that to
the default or previous state?

Thank you

--
A. Helmy