acpi

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Mar 16 00:42:26 UTC 2006

Dave Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 11:02:46PM -0500, Mauriat Miranda wrote:
>  > On 3/14/06, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
>  > > Eric Beversluis wrote:
>  > > > I've just installed Fedora Core 4 on my Sony PCG-SRX77 and noticed that
>  >
>  > Just installed FC4
>  >
>  > > There are applets that you can add to the panel for monitoring and
>  > > controlling certain functions. there is a cpu scaling applet for
>  > > changing frequency. There is the gnome-power-manager for adjusting the
>  > > actions taken when the lid is closed, the computer is on either AC or
>  > > battery power. (time to suspend, hibernate or power-off computer)
>  > >  From the system menu for FC5, there is a suspend choice you could use
>  > > instead of suspend.
>  >
>  > FC5?
>  > I know some applets exist for FC4, but I don't recall seeing suspend
>  > option in the menu in FC4 default install of Gnome, or for that matter
>  > gnome-power-manager.
>
> FC4 lacks the infrastructure work (pm-utils, mkinitrd etc) for
> hibernate/suspend to work.  It's still not perfect in FC5, but
> at least now we have something to build on.
>
> The FC4 kernel also completely lacks suspend to disk support,
> due to the missing userspace bits.
>
> 		Dave

Thanks for the work to get suspend/hibernate in FC5 working somewhat,
depending upon hardware mixes.

I guess there are changes, decent improvements in FC5 rather than a few
updated applications.

Network problems with hibernate other items seem to be alright. Suspend,
not working for me, blank screen when woken up and no keyboard
responsiveness.

Jim