OT - convert m$ access files to openoffice base

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Mar 16 00:55:07 UTC 2006

Robin Laing wrote:
>> If anyone has met with success when trying to convert MSaccess DBs
>> over to Openoffice.org-base (windows-bound) and then over to Linux, I
>> am interested in this possibility also.
>>
>> Jim
>>

> This may be better on the OpenOffice mail list.  I have not tried the
> database in OOo but it should work the same across all OS's.  If there
> is an issue between OS's, this needs to be addressed by the OOo
> developers.  Check their Issues.
>
> http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/project_issues.html

Thanks! I'll probably attempt to read an openoffice database file
created by one of the OS versions within the other. When Openoffice.org
with the DB feature was first introduced, it was a major accomplishment
to create a native DB. I will try again to create a db from an existing
database on one OS and see if it will work on another OS db when created
in a format that both should be able to handle.

Jim

--
Fresco's Discovery:
	If you knew what you were doing you'd probably be bored.