Re: apt on FC4

Deboo ^ wrote:
> This is the output of links when I try to access google:
>
>                                      ERROR

The proxy is set in an environment variable... that means only processes
spawned from that console see that environment.  Running your browser is
not seeing the http_proxy variable you set in *that* console and so
tests nothing to do with yum or your http_proxy setting.

What happens when you try a

yum update

in that console window after doing the http_proxy setting and export?

-Andy