"! Booting..." message in GDM login screen?

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 20:46:26 UTC 2006

Hello,

I just installed FC4 on one of my boxes and recently I have been seeing
weird little "! Booting..." message between the Fedora Core name and where
you enter your username. The "!" part of the message has a some sort of
circular "throbber" rotating over top of it.

I only see this occasionally and have not seen it before a month or so ago.
Nothing looks weird in the logs and things seem to run fine. Does anyone
know what this is and what it is trying to tell me?

I am just curious.

/Mike