"! Booting..." message in GDM login screen?

Hello,

I just installed FC4 on one of my boxes and recently I have been seeing weird little "! Booting..." message between the Fedora Core name and where you enter your username. The "!" part of the message has a some sort of circular "throbber" rotating over top of it.

I only see this occasionally and have not seen it before a month or so ago. Nothing looks weird in the logs and things seem to run fine. Does anyone know what this is and what it is trying to tell me?

I am just curious.

/Mike