mount Win partitions

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Thu Mar 16 21:59:03 UTC 2006

Greetings Eric ,

Eric Beversluis wrote:
> I can't fine a graphical device in FC4 that lets me mount and set to
> mount automatically on boot my NTFS and FAT32

Well , i really doubt that there is graphical tool that will set Linux
to automount
an NTFS or a FAT32 partition . This work belongs to the file /etc/fstab .
In /etc/fstab you put the partitions that you want to be mounted on boot .

So first of all backup your /etc/fstab file .
Then open it with your favourite editor ( use a console and NEVER A GUI )
and add a couple of lines that would look like the ones below

/dev/hda1	/WinNTFSpartition	NTFS	 defaults 	0 0
/dev/hda5	/WinFAT32partition	FAT32	defaults       0 0

Now just save the file and reboot , such changes can't be applied
without a reboot .

That's all .

Kind Regards,
    Kostas