ThinkPad 600E and Xircom REM56G-100 trouble with kernel 2.6.15-1.1833_FC4

Hi to everyone!

I have installed FC4 on an IBM ThinkPad 600E and everything works well.
The NIC I use is a Xircom REM56G-100, which also works properly.

My problem arises when I upgrade my kernel to the latest (2.6.15-1.1833_FC4), using either yum or up2date, wherein my machine becomes unable to connect to other computers.
The Xircom card remains detected by the system under the new kernel.
I can ping the local machine, but not the others on the network, not even the gateway machine.

When I boot up with the default kernel that came with the FC4 install CDs, everything works again. It is only with the newer kernels that my connectivity breaks.

Can anyone please help me on this?

Thanks in advance!

-Billy