mount Win partitions

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Mar 17 12:12:31 UTC 2006

Eric Beversluis wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 23:59 +0200, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
>
>>Greetings Eric ,
>

>>In /etc/fstab you put the partitions that you want to be mounted on boot .
>>
>>So first of all backup your /etc/fstab file .
>>Then open it with your favourite editor ( use a console and NEVER A GUI )
>>and add a couple of lines that would look like the ones below
>>
>>/dev/hda1	/WinNTFSpartition	NTFS	 defaults 	0 0
>>/dev/hda5	/WinFAT32partition	FAT32	defaults       0 0
>>
>>Now just save the file and reboot , such changes can't be applied
>>without a reboot .
>>
>>That's all .
>>

>>Kind Regards,
>>    Kostas
>

> Is the amount of spacing between the items on the line arbitrary? Should
> it be spaces rather than a tab?

Doesn't matter as long as there *is* space between the fields.

I'm not sure about the filesystem type being in upper case though; I've
only ever seen them in lower case (vfat, ntfs etc.) before.

Note that Fedora does not support NTFS filesystems "out of the box".

See: http://www.linux-ntfs.org/content/view/129/65/

Paul.