Formatting HDD

Myth User pvrmyth at comcast.net
Fri Mar 17 18:40:05 UTC 2006

Picking up on some things you wrote I have the following thoughs:
"old Fuji" and "10GB" Does this system actually have a DVD drive or is it a
CDROM drive?

You will need to burn the distribution files off to CD or DVD whichever you
have support for.

Make sure your BIOS is set to boot from CD/DVD

Early on in the Fedora setup you will be asked what type of system you want
to install.  Choose Desktop/workstation and you will have both an email
client and a web browser and a suite of Office tools on par with MS-Works.
(not as good as MS-Office but if you don't need things like Access or
Excel's OLAP support then you are fine)

Before you make the switch take a few minutes to test drive firefox web
browser for windows.  http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Also, installing the google tool bar and running both spybot and adaware can
make even IE very safe from spyware too.

Good luck