Re: SATA Question for you

Does Windows?
If it doesn't either then you might have your SATA bus disabled in your BIOS.
I had a similar problem until I realized that the BIOS didn't register that it has a SATA bus until I turned on the RAID option in the setup. I didn't set it up and don't use it for RAID, it just seemed to be needed to be able to use SATA drives.