iptables forwarding question

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Mar 17 21:13:53 UTC 2006

> Not a ton of suggestions based on what you sent. Try 'ping'ing server2.
> Your log suggests you may have noticable packet loss. 'ping' will tell you
> if that is your problem.
>
> - Benjamin Franz

Thanks for the response. I can ping it fine from my machine, but that's
not apple to apples. I'll have to setup another machine on the
192.168.0.0 network to mimic what the phone is doing. Maybe that will
shed some light.

I guess what doesn't make much sense is that one way the communication
seems very good, while the other direction it does not. I don't know NAT
that well, but it makes me think it's how the packets are coming through
iptables that are destined for the phone. The ones that originate at the
phone and destined for the remote end seem to be fine.

I'll update this thread when I have a chance to do the other machine.

Thanks for your time.

James