problem in installation

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 18 09:34:29 UTC 2006

Josh Coffman wrote:
> I could be wring, but I think fedora has trouble with
> SATA drives. Maybe all, maybe only some. I'm not
> really sure, I just think I read that somewhere.

Oh, I don't want to wring you...

But the problem is with the SATA adapters on the motherboard (or
possibly a separate card), not with the drives. A quick Google suggests
that the Original Poster has a SiS 965L South Bridge.

Unfortunately, http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html#sis-965l
says "No known open-source drivers".

This isn't what he wanted to hear, but I'd suggest a parallel ATA drive
for Linux.

James.

--
E-mail address: james |   _   This apostrophe
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |  /'\  In case of emergency