Re: fc3: where to get newest kernel from ?

Tim wrote:
> Just for the sake of curiosity, was that difficult to do?  I was of the
> understanding that Red Hat extensively customised kernels for their own
> distributions.

Not for Fedora. Not since FC1. Red Hat found that extensively customised
kernels were a pain in the neck, and tries to stick pretty closely to
upstream for Fedora.

See, for example,
http://kernelslacker.livejournal.com/23627.html
http://kernelslacker.livejournal.com/30664.html
http://diary.codemonkey.org.uk/index.php?month=1&year=2005#20050125

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Beneath this stone lies Murphy,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | They buried him today,