Help Please Can I reinsall FC 2 without losing my data

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 18 11:24:40 UTC 2006

Tim:
> You haven't said whether that's a seperate partition or part of the
> root.  If it's a separate one, then you've got a fighting chance of
> keeping it if you're careful.  And it's even easier if /usr/local/ is
> its own partition than being part of /usr/.

M.K:
> I think all in one partition

Then the only way to keep it during a re-install is to re-install in a
way that does NOT format your root partition.  I don't think you can do
this.

NB:  Don't top post on this list, we don't read upside down.  Keep the
messages in a logical, coherent, order (first quotes *then* responses
imediately after the portions you're responding to), and snip the
extraneous material.

I read messages from the public lists.