Fwd: Re: Fedora Core Installation

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Mar 18 15:35:12 UTC 2006

Nader Mirzaee wrote:
> Is it possible to do CRC in windows xp ? because i have downloaded iso images  in windows and i can't mount my windows ntfs partitions in linux.

I'm sure that one can get md5sum and/or sha1sum for Windows so as to
check the integrity of the ISO image.

Microsoft has some (old) "unix" tools for Windows available for free
download, check its website for details.

As to mounting NTFS, I do so on FC3: all I needed to do was to rebuild
the standard kernel from source, enabling NTFS support. I think someone
(Dag maybe) has the kernel module you need.