Re: Can scp be used to update a directory?

Anne Wilson wrote:
Oops - I think I've just made a terrible mistake. I rsync'd my home directory, forgetting that it would take the hidden files and config files with it. Now I'll have to see what damage is done.

Anne

This reminded me of another option that is very useful , specially when you use --delete: --dry-run.. It will only show what would be done when running the sync and wont execute it for real. Excellent for checking if you didn't do any wrong exclude.

--
Pedro Macedo