Re: Can scp be used to update a directory?

Anne Wilson wrote:
The scp man page is not very verbose ;-) I want to copy a directory, recursively, over the lan, but only those files that are new or updated. MS-DOS could do this back in ...Ummm.... so I can't believe it can't be done in scp, but I can't see how to do it.

Another option is to use sitecopy, I use it to maintain my web
sites (which I keep a local copy of). I think you'll run into
the same problems as you are seeing now so it may not work any
better.

http://www.lyra.org/sitecopy/

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry linuxha com
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site