Re: mount Win partitions

Greetings Paul ,

Paul Howarth wrote:

Is the amount of spacing between the items on the line arbitrary? Should
it be spaces rather than a tab?

Doesn't matter as long as there *is* space between the fields.

I'm not sure about the filesystem type being in upper case though; I've only ever seen them in lower case (vfat, ntfs etc.) before.

Well it's pretty logical that you haven't . I just tried it , well i was wrong .
Linux doesn't know about  a filesystem called NTFS  it does know about
a filesystem call "ntfs" . Indeed you were correct  it MUST BE lowercase .

Note that Fedora does not support NTFS filesystems "out of the box".

I was using a vanilla kernel , with the ntfs read module .

See: http://www.linux-ntfs.org/content/view/129/65/

Paul.

Kind Regards,
  Kostas