mount Win partitions

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Sat Mar 18 23:14:51 UTC 2006

Greetings Paul ,

Paul Howarth wrote:

>> Is the amount of spacing between the items on the line arbitrary? Should
>> it be spaces rather than a tab?
>

> Doesn't matter as long as there *is* space between the fields.
>
> I'm not sure about the filesystem type being in upper case though; I've
> only ever seen them in lower case (vfat, ntfs etc.) before.

Well it's pretty logical that you haven't . I just tried it , well  i
was wrong .
Linux doesn't know about  a filesystem called NTFS  it does know about
a filesystem call "ntfs" . Indeed you were correct  it MUST BE lowercase .

> Note that Fedora does not support NTFS filesystems "out of the box".

I was using a vanilla kernel , with the ntfs read module .

> See: http://www.linux-ntfs.org/content/view/129/65/
>
> Paul.

Kind Regards,
   Kostas